Saturday, November 19, 2011

Oregon Quail and Pheasant hunt November 2011

Nick, Lee and I went on a short tripo to eastern Oregon this year. These Quail were a short but productive walk. We scattered them up on to a hill where we then had some excellent dog work.














Me with the same quail, I thought I should put the picture up since Iowa State then upset #2 ranked Oklahoma State the next night.



Pepper with the Pheaasant and Quail from a great day. 22 Birds in this picture. This was the first time I have shot my limit of quail. The biggest Rooster in the picture Milly, Harley and Dixie pointed. Milly stayed with it as it moved forward, flushed and I shot it and she retrieved it. The bird had a tailfeather just over 24 inches long.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment